you just might make me believe


what's your mode of transport?
mine is the sun.
when it rises dripping from
the sea when it falls like honey on
the trees when it swallows up
clouds my soul moves with it.

mine is you.
when you lift your eyes
when you look straight ahead
when you try to speak my
heart moves with you.



museums and all
6:54:00 PM
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
bop to the top


that's Maria Theresia (Marie Antoinette's mother), Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary and Bohemia, when she was about 15 years old. gorgeous.

so sylvia (whose birthday happens to be today.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! whoo!), faith, shu wen and me went to the National Museum the other day to see the new exhibition on Maria Theresia. and my goodness. i was really impressed with the items, which were mostly stuff made of solid gold or silver or bronze, on display. well, mostly it was the classic clothes and fine tapestries which were all meticulously handstitched that left me in awe. i was trying my best to memorise the fabrics. there was this AMAZING-looking robe/cloak that knights (yearh, there were still knights back then in the 18th century..) wore which made shu wen and me wish that guys still wore those now cos it'll probably have made any guy wearing them appear more erm appealingly gentlemanly. hahah. ohh. and there were those austrian costumes and dresses. gosh. i'm so jealous of those people la. they got to wear such beautiful dresses, and on a DAILY basis some more.



the history galleries and the living galleries which told of life in singapore surprisingly, has a very modern take on its presentation. gone are the days where you go through a dark room full of boring dusky artefacts and trying to read puny excerpts about the exhibit pieces. now there's a more high-tech version where they issued us this mini touch-screen tablet and the exhibits were very interactive and very very cool.


one the highlights for me was probably the Japanese Occupation exhibition which was initally pretty scary cos of all the battle sounds and the lights which made me feel as though there were aerial bombs dropping everywhere, reflecting perhaps the panic that ensued.

the living museums, especially the ones on Film and Wayang, Fashion and Food were really good. had fun laughing at the old movies and cheesy lyrics of old songs (there was one that went "C'mon everyone let's dance Push Push" -snorts- ohkay. dirty brain.) i think if i brought my parents there, they'ld be simply nostalgic.

-Film and Wayang gallery featured old film snippets from filmographer/actor/producer/director P. Ramlee, pioneer of Malay film-making in Singapore



-Fashion gallery featured psychedelic music from old 1960's, 1970's bands like October Cherries.

GROOVY BABY!
(eww. that was like so wrong la)




oh there was one part then that really freaked me out. i was going through a line of photographs of women in old colonial singapore and i found a woman who looked EXACTLY like me. it was just plain freaky. maybe it was my grandmother. whoever it was, it really made me stop and stare at the likeness. -shudders-

right. anyway.
as the self-appointed promoter of the Singapore National Museum, let me say that its an extremely worthwhile visit especially for students cos we get half-price at EVERYTHING! which means, a mere $7.50 for access to ALL exhibitions. blardy cheap. so take the offer now NOW!


AHEM.

moving on.



was playing literati (something like scrabble) on yahoogames yesterday and i was really humbled, losing six times over to people who made me want to scramble to the dictionary to figure out whether what the heck were the words they were putting down. and they were picking on me cos i was so inexperienced! no fair! -wails-

well. at least i won one game so that's not too bad i guess.



OMG.like who am i kidding? so on top of sucking at Taboo, I ALSO SUCK AT LITERATI/SCRABBLE/WHATCHAMACALLIT!


oh it's amazing the things you find out about yourself.



+


here's something i did purely out of amusement and was in the mood at laughing at my embarrassing photos.

probably a source for people to blackmail me in the future





"Scary Hairstyles of the Last TWO Years":


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

eww. again. so WRONG!
i just have a lot of time in my hands right now ok..
how very shiok sendiri. hahahh.


honesty is the best policy