you just might make me believe


what's your mode of transport?
mine is the sun.
when it rises dripping from
the sea when it falls like honey on
the trees when it swallows up
clouds my soul moves with it.

mine is you.
when you lift your eyes
when you look straight ahead
when you try to speak my
heart moves with you.



ramadan.
5:47:00 PM
Sunday, September 07, 2008
bop to the top

7th day. and counting.

i was in one of my tutorials (soci of pop culture) and we were discussing about how what we wear often translates to our individual identity for eg. wearing Topman means you're "atas" or Hang Ten means you're very patriotic. so then, my tutor veered our discussion towards the way nus students dress:
"What do you think of someone wearing singlets, windbreaker, shorts & slippers?"
"Easy-going"
"Stays in Hall"
"Poor"
"Slacker"
"From Engin"
-and everyone gasped. wah. talk abt faculty stereotypes.

+

i've come to realize that my teasings usually come in the form of insults like "oh you're very short hor" to someone who's painfully shy about his height. everything's a joke to me. i made a girl cry in sec 4 once when i teased her about being a mugger. bad bad timing on my part cos apparently, she didn't want everyone to think that she was studying harder than anyone else (when exam results clearly show otherwise).

so i apologise in advance if i start blurting out terrible things.
i mean no harm. i swear i'm nice.

+

my cat's getting fat. my mom's attempts at making him puasa this month kept failing cos she caves in whenever he goes on a meowing rampage, threatening to turn everyone in the house deaf if we don't serve him food nownowNOW. and he has this extraordinay ability of sleeping everywhere- even on top of the narrow corner of the sofa. which i don't think he'll be able to for long with the amount of weight he's been putting on.

that ah boy needs to go on a diet.

+

mod updates:
soci of food- first tutorial was fun. but i'm damn scared of the malay people there cos they move in packs. PACKS. inpenetrable, tight, rock-wall PACKS. as much as i think they're friendly, i think i should take baby steps. cos i've only been exposed to very few malays (thus explains my lousy melayu- it's too bloody formal for normal everyday use) over the course of my sec & jc life. i just hope someone from the grp would take pity on me.

social research methods- my lecturer's awesome. still cannot believe it's a level 3000.

soci of pop culture- met really interesting people. interesting OUTSPOKEN people. a bit intimidating.

soci of youth and childhood- adorable lecturer. though he talks too much during lect. but he shares really nice stories though.

cultures in contemporary society- my lecturer is incredibly knowledgeable. she seems to have gone everywhere that's remotely ulu-ated. my very-painful-to-give-away 800pts were really worth it. and she reminds me of a more laid-back, friendlier, female-version of Mr Kellet.

+

i feel old.
and i cannot wait for HARI RAYA.


honesty is the best policy